Professional Focus: The transformation of insurance risk
21 July 2020
21 July 2020
Professional Focus, James Moorhouse, Jeffrey Skelton, Managing Director, LexisNexis Risk Solutions UK & Ireland
Professional Focus interview featuring Jeffrey Skelton discussing the transformation of insurance risk understanding.
Throughout interview we will explore the following areas:
- How data insights are available to understand growing insurance risks at such a pace and where this data comes from
- How data insights are of benefit to consumers and businesses - and how there can be greater risk mitigation through data
- How the UK compares to the US in their use of data to understand risk - and how these regions can learn from another
- The emerging new data sets that can help improve motor insurance risk understanding, including the potential of connected car data
- The role data can play in helping the market tackle challenges around customer loyalty and retention
- How data can help challenge climate change concerns for the residential and property markets
- The next big data source that could support the market solve pain points like claims and application fraud
This document is believed to be accurate but is not intended as a basis of knowledge upon which advice can be given. Neither the author (personal or corporate), Society of Claims Professionals or Chartered Insurance Institute, or any of the officers or employees of those organisations accept any responsibility for any loss occasioned to any person acting or refraining from action as a result of the data or opinions included in this material. Opinions expressed are those of the author or authors and not necessarily those of the Society or Chartered Insurance Institute.